Eating healthy is not as boring as it sounds!
Normally the people you hear saying that are the ones who are overweight (I’m only being real…)
This Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry with Mango is great for fueling your muscles and getting some great fiber in your diet. When you eat meals with lean protein and veggies you are on your way to getting the best fitness results a lot faster!
- 1 pound organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half and then into 2 inch segments
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 ripe, organic mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Rinse the chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, until soft. Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes. Add the bok choy and zucchini. After 5 minutes add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, arrowroot, sesame oil, vinegar and coconut aminos. Add the seasoned mixture to the skillet, along with the chopped mango, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (without rice) equals: 243 calories, 11g fat, 675mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 19g protein